Waialua Berry - LAST TWO
A rich berry canvas sets off the whimsical hand drawn layers of the Hibiscus waimeae. One of two native Hawaiian white hibiscuses, Hibiscus arnottianus and Hibiscus waimeae, are the only species of hibiscuses in the world known to have fragrant flowers!
I laid the print out at this size so that the scale of the line took on a new life by turning into more of an abstraction.
The result is a interesting play of shapes in gum pink and citrus that is energizing, but still laid back. Just like our island life style.
Matching unisex face mask sold separately.
This is also a two screen hand printed design, which makes it extra special!
- 100% smooth, mid-weight combed cotton
- Expertly matched chest pocket.
- Original print by Roberta Oaks.
- Hand printed, cut and sewn in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Machine wash cold and hang to dry. Or, dry clean it. This shirt is printed the traditional way, by hand! Iron from the inside only.
- Rolled sleeve is optional and can be unrolled for more traditional styling.
Our cut is MODERN and therefore is more tailored than a standard aloha shirt. Those of our customers who wear traditional aloha shirts and/or who like a loose, relaxed fit will go up one to two sizes in our brand. Those of our customers who are used to wearing modern/slim cut shirt brands and like their shirts to fit sharp, order true to size.